Before calling our office for a repair, we recommend the following troubleshooting “checklist.”
Problem Equipment terminates cycle prematurely
Condition Short Sterilize Cycle
- Insure water reservoir is full.
- Make sure water has entered the sterilization chamber.
Problem Rusting instruments and wet packs inside
Condition Instruments and packs not drying
- Insure sterilizer is sitting on a level surface.
- Don’t overload or pack trays too tightly.
Problem Poor traces on one or more channels
Condition AC Interference
- Insure that equipment is properly grounded
- Other equipment plugged into AC outlet could cause interference. Unplug other equipment.
- Make sure patient is not in contact with any metal objects.
- Patient should be laying down on a flat table that supports their entire body.
Problem Unreadable complexes and wandering baseline
Condition Artifact Interference
- Insure patient is completely relaxed.
- Be certain all electrode sites are void of all oil, dead skin, lotion, perfume, etc.
- Patient cable is draped so as not to cause stress on any individual lead.
Problem Unit will not accept test after blowing into transducer.
Condition Test not excepted.
- Patient may be leaking air through nose. Nose clip should be on.
- Patient’s lips may not be securely around mouth piece.
- Patient should be standing during test.
- Patient must exert maximum expiratory effort.
- Patient’s expiatory effort must last 6 seconds.